2017 House for Hope Rules
1. Promotion Description. The promotion begins at 8:00 am on Monday, June 19, 2017 and ends at 2:00 pm on Friday, November 3, 2017. Entries must be received by 2:00 pm on Friday, November 3, 2017. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules. This promotion is sponsored by the Home Builders Association of Northwest Louisiana, 2038 East 70th Street, Shreveport, LA 71105 (“Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. House for Hope, Inc., Home Builders Association of Northwest Louisiana, KSLA News 12, and partner charity employees, their current Board of Directors and Officers, and their dependents are not eligible to participate.
3. How to Enter. There are 3 ways to enter this promotion. Beginning at 8:00 am on Monday, June 19, 2017, individuals can log on to www.houseforhope.us to reserve a ticket(s). Individuals can call (318) 797-8222 to reserve a ticket(s). Individuals can also enter by reserving a ticket(s) at Home Builders Association of Northwest Louisiana located at 2038 East 70th Street, Shreveport, LA 71105; or at other locations listed at www.HouseforHope.us. Tickets are $100.00 each, payable with cash, check, or major credit card. The $100.00 ticket price is not deductible for federal or state income tax purposes. Purchased tickets are not refundable. Refunds will only be issued if the drawing does not occur due to lack of ticket sales. Entries must be received by 5:30 pm on Friday, October 6, 2017 to qualify for the Early Bird; and by 2:00pm on Friday, November 3, 2017 in order to qualify for all other prizes. All entries become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to use any information submitted by entrants. All proceeds from ticket sales go to House for Hope, a non-profit organization. Purchase of this ticket constitutes full agreement by the purchaser with all terms and conditions set forth herein and in the “Winner Notification Agreement.”
Entries must be filled out completely and legibly in order to qualify, and will be void if they are, in whole or in part, incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, counterfeit, altered, or obtained through theft or fraud. No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor(s) is/are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
4. Prize(s). The Early Bird prize is a $5,000 gift card to Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry in Shreveport, LA, to be awarded Friday, October 6, 2017. The grand prize is the 2017 House for Hope (estimated retail value $385,000.00), to be awarded Friday, November 3, 2017. The secondary prizes are: $2,500 gift card to Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry in Shreveport, LA; Flat screen television (Approximate retail value - $1500); Gas grill (Approximate retail value - $850); and iPad (Approximate retail value - $500), to be awarded Friday, November 3, 2017. A cash settlement will be available, if preferred, by the grand prize recipient. Cash settlement on the House for Hope is $150,000. No other prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned by the winner(s). Sponsor(s) reserve the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
5. How the Prizes are Awarded. There will an Early Bird prize random drawing on Friday, October 6, 2017 at 6:00 pm. The prize for the Early Bird drawing is a $5,000 gift card to Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry in Shreveport, LA. All tickets purchased by 5:30 pm on Friday, October 6, 2017 will be eligible for the Early Bird drawing. The grand prize and secondary prizes will be awarded by random drawing on Friday, November 3, 2017 beginning at 5:00pm. Winners of the Early Bird prize and secondary prizes are eligible to win the grand prize. Winners need not be present at the drawing. The winning tickets will be announced immediately on KSLA News 12, and online at www.KSLA.com and www.HouseForHope.us.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Only 7,000 tickets are available.
7. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Winners will be notified by telephone call and certified mail. A valid driver’s license or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. The winner(s) will be required to execute and return a winner notification affidavit prior to receiving their prize, or the prize will be forfeited. A winner must take possession of his or her prize by Tuesday, December 31, 2017 or the prize will be forfeited. Access to all prizes by winners will be restricted until fully and unconditionally accepted by the winner on terms and conditions set forth herein and in the “Winner Notification Agreement” and complete delivery is made to the winners. All prizes remain the sole property of House for Hope, Inc. until unconditionally accepted “as is” by the winners. Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal income and property taxes, as well as license and registration fees, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature, due and payable at time of delivery. The house is delivered at the closing. Sponsor will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from Sponsor reports if any winnings are reported to the Internal Revenue Service. The winner of the house agrees to accept the house “as built” without additions or alterations, and all prizewinners agree to accept prizes “as is,” with absolutely no expressed or implied warranties given by the House for Hope, Inc., Home Builders Association of Northwest Louisiana, any sponsors, or any partner charities. The winner accepting the home will be subject to all applicable laws and regulations including covenants and/or restrictions which may apply. Sponsors make no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the merchantability or fitness of the other prizes for any specific purposes. Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that KSLA-TV, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner’s name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
8. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury or death resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused.
9. Sponsor’s Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by House for Hope, Inc. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by House for Hope, Inc. are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor’s/Sponsors’ web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
10. A complete list of winners will be available November 4, 2017 through the official House for Hope website, www.houseforhope.us.